Went shopping with my Mum today which was good. I've hardly bought anything this month which is very unlike me, Not really liked much in the shops either so its probably a blessing in disguise! Bought a dress to wear in London on Thursday for GlossyBox which Im pretty excited about! I've had my eye on it for a while so it was pretty sweet seeing it in my size in the shop! I did wear a big cosy jumper as well but whipped it off for the photos. For a Bank Holiday weekend in August its been such a drag weatherwise! Cant wait to snuggle up in bed and sleep!
Decided to change my nails, Hence the gratuitous nail photos. This is probably one of my nail art attemps Im proudest of! Been scouring ebay this evening for nail art bits and bobs! Its well worth a search as its so cheap! I bought some nail gems, some fimo slices and some little nail brushes. Thinking of doing a dark purple to a lilac ombre nails for tomorrow, I think I'll probably do them tomorrow on the train down to keep me occupied! No blog tomorrow as Im in London till late, highly doubt I'll be posting again till Friday/Saturday! Got a few posts scheduled for ETC LLYMLRS, but if they actually post its anyones guess!
001. Been chillaxing all today, nothing like a extended weekend! Cheers Bank Holiday! Went for a very tasty meal with my friends in town today, Nothing better than a Sunday Roast pub lunch! I love a good roast dinner! Went into some of the homeware shops in town and have been day dreaming of decorating my own house.
002. Fangirled my little heart out over The Strokes at Reading last night. Tweeted a little too much, and felt like the One Direction or Justin Beiber fangirls I tend to always unfollow on Twitter! I did have a ticket to the festival but decided I was too old/didn't want to go on my own. In hindsight I'm a idiot and I would have probably killed to be there. Jarvis and Julian on stage together, too good. My Mum even came into my room in a drunken state to express her love too. My favourite bands are The Strokes &amp; Alexisonfire, but I generally listen to pop punk, emo, post-hardcore music! Basically any band that was big on the 2003-2007 scene!
003. London on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday this week! Exciting times. Going to be *hopefully* signing for my new flat on Tuesday so if all goes to plan I'll be living in London in just under two weeks. Scary times, but I'm just ridiculously fed up of having to travel so much and I've got to the point where I just want to get on with my life! Thursday I'm meeting some other bloggers and we are going for drinks and shopping and then a Glossy Box event. Michelle informed me that one of my favourite Swedish brands, Monki, is opening on Thursday too so Im so excited for that.
004. Cant believe how many people have entered my throw-away giveaway on ETC, It wasn't really supposed to be anything major as it was something that I didn't like so better than it going to the back of the wardrobe I'd pass it on to a reader. I feel awful coz its so half assed in terms of prize! I don't typically do giveaways, I dont think they work as much as people like to think in gaining genuine followers (as in ones who'll stick around once its over or actually engage with a blog!). I do think new bloggers feel they need to do giveaways as part of getting followers, I personally don't feel they should be "must do" and feeling pressured to buy an expensive prize is something I'm sure alot of people worry about. None the less I do feel I should "reward" (for lack of a better word!) people for actually following me in the first place. Although I've noticed alot of people comment on how slim the chances are of winning the actual prize are in my giveaway, which makes me consider if its generally worth doing a giveaway to give back to the readers if only one out of the X amount if people who visit my blog get the prize. I obviously cant afford to giveaway loads of stuff, but I can see why people would think "oh why bother entering"! Thoughts?
When in doubt where white & a leather jacket. Always a simple but awesome combo, probably my favourite go to when I don't know what to wear. I got this dress purely to wear on hoiday, maybe the cut-outs are a bit risque but I dont care. It only occoured to me today I dont own any simple vests for occasions like this! Must stock up on basics next time I have some money!
Was running out of light so just a few snaps for today. Changed into my PJ's now and snuggled into bed, My throats all better now but I now have sinus pressure & a head cold, really cant win at the moment. I hope everyone is well and having a good Saturday. The rest of mine will be me moping over not seeing The Strokes at Reading & Leeds festival and finishing reading Looking For Alaska. I have so much love for John Green, I wish he was my husband.
Apologies for lack of blogging the last two days, some people care, some people don't so I'll just say it anyway. I went to Acton Scott working farm and Chester Zoo which were both really good. Chester Zoo is highly recommended, was so tired from walking round and cooing over all the cute animals, but very worth it! Went out to the Wine bar with my friends last night and let off some much needed steam with a few large glasses of wine. Been feeling really stressed out the last week as I've been working so hard on a few work related projects. Looking forward to the next month ahead as its totally going to be hectic, more wine is needed. 3 bottles for £10? Yes Please.
In a strange choice I decided to wear a brown belt even though black would have been the obvious choice. I just think I like how the purpley blue top & black contrasts so well against brown. Got on the blogger sideways cross thing (anything Laura talks about becomes a thing!), even though I think its a bit over now! I much prefer this oversized chunky one, I don't really do delicate! There is a better photo of my galaxy nails and a link to the tutorial and polishes I used on my other blog.
nails: models own lilac dream, pink plush, bloobloo and models own nail pen *
Had a lush day with one of my best friends, Hannah today. We went to Pizza Express, had Starbucks and topped the day off with a sly drink in the wine bar. Nothing better on a lovely day like today. The weathers been just right! My throat is still bad but the copious amounts of painkillers I've taken are probably numbing the pain a little. Started taking some antibiotics for it too so fingers crossed it will be gone!
In Love with fashion is a brand I've been aware of for a while. I had a look at their stuff in the Oxford Street Topshop, and was impressed. Im one of those people that like simple dresses in a variety of colours and styles. The dress I picked is like a greyish cream colour which I really like. I was going to send this dress back as the zip is a little stiff but I do really like it so decided to just have to force my Mum to do my dress up for me anytime I wear it in the future! On my ETC LLYMLRS blog I've posted a little giveaway for the other item I was sent but unfortunately it doesn't suit me so I figure I'll give it away to you guys. More information on the other blog!
I wore my Allegera boots as well today, like pretty much every single day, they are getting so scuffed. Usual speil when I talk about shoes but I always wear the same shoes most days hence why I don't post them!
nails: models own lilac dream, pink plush & bloobloo & models own wah pen *
Not been at the top of my game today, Once again got that throat infection that I tend to get every few months (long time followers would know! Its one of those things you get once and seem to always come back!) Just hoping it doesn't turn into laryngitis again! Wore one of my favourite Motel dresses as a top paired with my American Apparel skirt. You can still see my curated Motel Shop & use my Motel discount code "LLYMLRS" for 15% off. Obviously this one has sold out as I was sent it last year but I'm sure there is something similar.
The Look Show shortlisted bloggers have been announced today which you can see here. I'm so excited about Look show and potentially meeting those who eventually win! I'm gonna be there again this year, and its shaping up to be a good'un! I've been starting to plan my LFW time as I'm doing something completely overwhelming on the 16th September, I cant say what I'm doing yet, but its completely out of my comfort zone! LFW doesn't really interest me half as much as it should because I'm obviously not the ~high fashion~ type, I love the meeting people and going to all the other exciting things in the city during that time. Its always a bit of a buzz!
001. Incredibly tired today, Late night phone calls and not enough sleep from the night before has made me a grumpy girl! Of course did my usual Sunday shop with my mother but nothing caught my eye! River Island is probably the one store thats really catching my eye the most at the moment. I don't think the Telford branch (RIP Hereford River Island!) is that well stocked though so might make a online order! I adore this leather dress, this collared polka dot dress, and this lovely chelsea girl smock dress.
002. Next week I'm spending time with my family, Really looking forward to taking my sisters out for a girly day & I might take them to the zoo or a farm type thing as well. I'm probably more excited at the prospect of going to the zoo than them! I'm a sucker for animals!
003. Since becoming a recent heel convert I've been scouring the shops for suitable heeled shoes. Im a size 5 and a half so I have real trouble finding shoes that actually fit me. I've been telling myself I don't need more shoes, but this week's ebay post by Victoria has come up trumps with the Sam Endleman Zoe boots that everyone and their mum wanted a few years ago. Im so tempted to get them but they are hardly day wear! Oh well, inappropriate as always!
004. Just popped a 30% off code for my jewellery shop up. I have very very little stuff left at the moment and I'm not planning to get more in until I've moved. Then everything will be completely restocked as well as new stuff added. "BYEBYE" will give you 30% off until everything is gone! The five ring mixes are on pre-order but you can use the code on that too for now but I will take it off soon for that item. If you've already bought from me and want a five stone mix or a three stone mix write in the note to seller/email me the ones you have and I'll avoid putting those in.
005. Updated my FAQ with a few more commonly asked questions.
Went out last night in Hereford for a friends 21st celebratory drinks, which was pretty good as far as Hereford nights out go. My friend Jess was wearing a lovely pink dress from Dixi (use "llydixi" to get 15% off there!). Lots of shots were had and dancing to cheesy music! There was a ~ foam party ~ in one of the rooms which I swiftly avoided. I really dont get the point of foam parties in clubs unless your like on holiday. Who really wants to look like a damp rat on a night out?
Got this jumper from H&M after some of the worst customer service I've ever had in any shop. The woman didnt say hi or bye to me or tell me how much the total items were. She even left the security tag on the jumper which I had to get off with pliers and luckily didnt damage the jumper. Im not one to complain about bad service, because to be honest it doesnt matter that much in the long run. But I think the fact she didnt even tell me how much everything came to annoyed me the most.
Anyway, outfit related! Just simple, I know people always comment my outfits saying "so simple" but I really don't think you need to over complicate or over style something to look good. I've been at home most of the day and yeah it is simple but its still pretty ~stylish~ in its own right. I love the browny, taupey grey colour of the knit sweater, really different and I love the little bit shorter than normal sleeves. Cant wait for winter, "summer" sucks!
London was good yesterday! Albeit feeling a little rushed! Was so lovely to go to the Boots event & the Boohoo Press day (posted about it here) Loved meeting new Handpicked bloggers & seeing the ones I'd already met! I burnt my fingers on my conical wand which absolutely sucks, quite hard to type actually! Hopefully it will heal soon, I should probably wear my little Michael Jackson glove more often!
Today I've just been doing the usual. I have managed to do some cleaning, threw away a ton of old dried up makeup and finish all my jewellery orders that are outstanding! Been telling myself I'd go for a run but sitting down is way more appealing! Apologies for these photos not being like the usual ones, had to take them in a completely different place than I normally do so they came out alot darker/moodier faced!
Today I went for lunch with my Mum, my brother and his friend Theo to ASK. I haven't been there in such a long time and I actually really enjoyed it. Especially for a chain sort of restaurant the food was really lovely! Ended up being naughty and buying some boots from New Look that I really didnt need as they are pretty much the same as my beloved Allegeras (doesnt everyone have a pair now?) but suedey/velvety material instead. I really didnt need more boots, but oh well. Can never have enough shoes can we!
I cant help think that my boobs (courtesy of Wonderbra Full Effect, always) look ridiculous in stripey tops. Makes them look a bit wonky haha! Oh well! Never sure if black and blue are still a no no, but who really cares for fashion rules anymore! I saw a similar blazer to the one I wore today in H&M in a lovely camel colour which would look awesome this Autumn/Winter! Oh autumn winter cannot come soon enough!
In London tomorrow so no blog post tomorrow unfortunately! And if you see me feel free to say Hi, It always makes me sad me how many people do tweet me saying "oh I just saw you", Just come say hello! I know its well embarrassing saying Hi to people off the internet but its really embarrassing for me too! I always turn into the most awkward turtle! But I love meeting people who follow my blog!