Inspired by this story I saw over in Chapter Friday I thought I’d write myself a little summer Bucket List. A list of things that I want to do over the remaining summer month. Here are a few of my ideas but do let me know if you have your own personal summer bucket list. It might inspire me to add to mine.
1. Go Glamping. This has been something I’ve wanted to do for ages now but never got round to it. The idea of taking a little break from the hustle and bustle of city life and heading to a fancy campsite excites me. Im thinking a yurt or a pod somewhere really quiet, toasting marshmallows on a fire and giggling with some cans of Pimm’s. Recommendations welcome.
2. Host a Cocktail Party. I make a mean Mojito but I think it’s time to brush up on my mixology skills and get mixing. I’m thinking Hawaiian Punch, Pina Colada, Mai Thai . A tiki party is in order - Where the Hula Skirts at?
3. Rent a Hot Tub. Me and my housemates have been talking about this for years now and I think we’re finally going to do it at a house party in the coming weeks. If not I think we’re going to take a trip to one of the Hot Tub Cinema club’s in the city and chill. Me and Dal had a really redneck pool party last year which involved an Ikea underbed storage unit and a few buckets of water. We had fun though!
4. Make a Scrap Book. I’ve been photographing things like crazy this past summer as I really want to make more of an effort to record the things I do. I’m already planning to get all my favourite photos printed out for a scrap book or memory box. Seeing printed photos has such a different quality about them compared to them on screen.
5. Explore London More. I feel like so far this summer I’ve not spent much time in London. I’m going to make it my mission to explore the city I’ve grown to call home. I want to go to more places to eat that I haven’t before and try to do some more touristy things. I didn’t go to London until I was 18 so I’ve never really don’t anything too touristy like the Tower of London or the Aquarium! Although I'll probably regret this once I see all the tourists. I'm THAT kind of Londoner.
6. Meet new people. This one I've been working hard at all year. I've been meeting more and more new people who have become positive and interesting influences on my life. Summer is the perfect time to meet new people as the weather puts people in better moods and everyone seems to be a little nice nicer y'know!
7. Be a bit reckless. Because it is Summer after all. Let loose.